More achievements, and more city variation!
We're continuing to add achievements for the extreme mode unlocks. In this build we've added unique goals for Paris, New York City, Hong Kong, and Berlin.
Some of the cities have been altered to change the way the game plays on those maps, sometimes in quite drastic ways. We've been meaning to do this for a long time, but only recently built up the courage to make the broad changes required. The idea is to make each map much more than just a palette swap.
The cities that have been changed are:
- Paris. Station capacity has shrunk to four, the gap between stations has been reduced, and stations spawn faster.
- Berlin. Tunnels are even scarcer in Berlin—you only receive one per choice.
- Osaka. The map has been refocussed and enlarged. Each week you can choose from two locomotives or one high-speed shinkansen. Shinkansen can be useful if you get them running on long, uninterrupted lines.
- São Paulo. Stations are rarer, but passengers appear faster.
- Saint Petersburg. All special stations now appear on the islands in the Neva.